1. Claygate Youth Club is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Protection of the young people is of paramount importance.
2. Claygate Youth Club has adopted the Surrey Safeguarding Children’s Board Policy and Procedures, and all staff and volunteers are required to implement this.
3. All staff will need to have a DBS Certificate when working with young people in the setting. New volunteers can apply for a DBS certificate with the safeguarding officer at no cost to them.
4. New volunteers will be allowed to work with young people, after submitting their forms and whilst awaiting DBS clearance, provided that other staff who hold current DBS checks are on duty during the session, and the volunteer is not left unsupervised with young people at any time.
5. We ask that all volunteers register with the 'DBS Update Service' so that they can use their DBS certificate in other settings if they wish, and any amendments are notified to us.
6. All certificates must be renewed after three years.
7. All staff/volunteers who work on a regular basis in the Youth Club will be required to attend afeguarding and first aid training arranged by the youth club.
8. All queries relating to Safeguarding and/or DBS checks should be referred to the Claygate Youth Club Safeguarding Officer – Susannah Moffat : contact details – email@example.com or mobile: 07763 127297